Back in the day, markers were essential tools mostly used for manga artists and graphic designers. Since they tend to fade after a while, serious artists avoided them, mainly since they wanted something more durable.
However, over time, artists started to understand the versatility of markers, especially for online art. It can provide you a wide array of colors that will offer you a general perspective.
Generally, permanent markers (permanent märkpennor) are convenient, affordable, and will not make a mess. You can use them for numerous media, and they will allow you to particular bold parts with ease.
We can find numerous uses for markers nowadays, especially for artists. Since they are simple to use and can dry quickly, you can use them for outdoor and indoor purposes. For instance, they are perfect for urban sketching, traveling, and many more applications
Since applying color is effortless, it is a perfect solution for sketching, doodling, and gesture drawing. You can use them to blend smoothly with other parts, which means that they are perfect for abstraction, photorealism, and anything else you wish to display.
Keep in mind that they became prevalent in the last few years, primarily due to adult coloring trends that started worldwide. Remember that numerous colorists will use a considerable range of color choices and tip shapes based on convenience.
The demand created a wide array of markers available on the market, which is why it is challenging to determine which one is the best for your particular needs and requirements.
As soon as you type about the best markers you can find, you will notice a high number of options, which can be overwhelming for the first-time buyer.
That is the main reason why we decided to present you with things you should consider before you make up your mind.
It is essential to understand the tip shapes you should choose beforehand because the tip will affect the coloring experience and possibilities.
- Brush Tip – When it comes to brushing tips, you should know that they are most versatile. You can use the point to create thin lines and strokes, which are perfect for detailed work. On the other hand, you can use a brush to fill large gaps and areas, which is another crucial consideration to remember. Even though they are more expensive than other types, some specific brands will give you a chance to replace the tips as soon as you wear them out.
- Chisel Tip – When it comes to chisel tip, you should know that it is one of the most common options for numerous brands. It is a useful solution because you can use it for various purposes. You will get a flat and wide side, which is excellent for applying lots of colors. On the other hand, the pointy side is perfect for thin strokes, but you will not get the same precision as the brush tip. Everything depends on your style and what you wish to achieve.
- Fine Tip – If you wish to find the one mostly used by architects, which means that it is a technical pen, you should get this particular one. Remember that they are perfect for subtle patterns and details, but you will not fill large areas of color.
You should check here to learn more about permanent markers before you make up your mind. It is vital to explore various options, which will help you with the process.
- Bullet Tip – These tips are widespread because you can find them for an affordable price tag. At the same time, it will provide your general perspective and features, but without extreme versatility as other options. Simultaneously, it isn’t straightforward to deal with fine details and fill large areas, which is why they come on the low-end side.
- Double-Ended – Finally, this particular type of marker is the best option that you can find on the market because it will give you exceptional versatility, among other things. They tend to feature a central ink reservoir as well as tips on both ends. It is a standard solution for high-end alcohol-based markers to feature this particular characteristic. In most cases, tips come with a chisel and brush on both ends, but in some cases, you can find bullet tips instead of a brush, depending on the manufacturer.